Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You Gotta Pick a Pocketto

 
Hello & How are we all?

As a long time reader of Pocketto's online magazine, it's very exciting to see editors Emma and Aimée have taken their concept to print, creating a bi-annual fashion, arts & culture publication. We're often told never to judge a book by its cover, but it's hard not to when it is a bit of a beauty - gold embossed lettering & crisp white hard-back covers, simple yet stunning and definitely a collectable! Buy online or at your local bookstore!
 
Pocketto Magazine will be celebrating the launch of edition 1 at No Vacancy Gallery this Friday night. So if you live in Melbourne get your goodself down there! Shame I'm super busy at work & live in Sydney as I would have loved to to  join in the fun. Can you believe I have been to Melbourne three times for work and never had time to look around?!
(above: shoe illustrations featured in Pocketto's online magazine)



These are some of my illustrations that feature in the first printed issue - we went with the plainer illustrations that sit perfectly with the feel of the magazine. I thought I would also show you some of the coloured versions as I don't often work with colour.




I'll leave you with some words from the editors & don't forget to watch the video-flick-through of the magazine!
We want to gather and share with you everything that make our hearts beat wildly, bring butterflies to our stomach and excite us to the bone.

4 comments:

Neysa Bové said...

wow incredible congratulations! xxo -nb

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy, I'm a fellow artist/illustrator in Sydney, Australia. Just wanted to let you know that your artworks are really cute and inspiring =)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawings! Kisses :*

Chrissy Lau said...

@Neysa - Thanks! Your work is pretty damn amazing :-)x

@Mirandaliart - Sorry about the late reply! Just checked out your work and it is super cute. I love watercolours, but I'm always too lazy to set them up :-) Lovely work!x

@TheCherryOnTop - Thanks! Kisses back to you :-)x