Saturday, January 14, 2012

Year of the Dragon - Sydney

Townhall, George Street
Hello! Well here is my first outdoor illustration project. I was commissioned by the City of Sydney to design the dragon for the flags & street posters to celebrate Chinese New Year. There are 2 different designs on the flags, one with the full length of the dragon and one smaller horizontal dragon. Both designs come in opposite colours - red dragon yellow background and vice versa. I got a surprise when we popped into the city as I wasn't sure when the project would be launched.
Kings Cross
I'm extremely happy with the finished project - the quality of the posters and flags are mind blowing! It was so exciting to see them all around the city from Central, Townhall, Kings Cross, Haymarket and even on Erskineville Road (between Erskineville & Newtown). One of my favourites is seeing my flags around the iconic Coca-Cola sign in Kings Cross, I think I'll have to go back at night to take a shot when the sign is illuminated. All in all I'm very proud to add this one to my portfolio!
William Street, Kings Cross - looking towards Sydney City


William Street, Kings Cross

Entertainment Centre/China Town, Haymarket
China Town


China Town

Dixon Street, China Town

George Street

QVB & Galleries Victoria, George St, Townhall

Outside QVB, Townhall
It was so hard to pick which photos to post, there's plenty more on my Facebook Page here.

4 comments:

Oh Hey Sydney! said...

I've been seeing them everywhere lady! Amazing work - so proud of you girl!

Chrissy Lau said...

@Oh Hey Sydney! Oh thank you Esther! I'm so happy to see them up everywhere :-) Lovin' your holiday photos by the way! x

samantha ramage said...

congratulations! what detailed dragons!
x
o
sami

Unknown said...

Congratulations! This is an amazing achievement <3