Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Illustration for the Year of the Snake Coin - Royal Australian Mint


My snake design immortalised into a limited edition Royal Australian Mint coin






Happy New Year! 2012 was a blinding year for me creatively working with lots of amazing clients. I'd have to say designing a coin for the Royal Australian Mint was the highlight of the year. This is a prestige limited edition coin to commemorate the Year of the Water Snake 2013. If you look closely you'll see my initials CL! I've always believed that if you work hard, good things will come your way and this was an opportunity I never thought I'd achieve. This is a really special project close to my heart as it represents my Chinese heritage and it was important to be able to create an artwork that represented Chinese mythology and history. This is dedicated to my parents.


They're available in both gold and silver, ranging from $82 to $79,000! To view the catalogue click here (page 23) You can order your coin through the Royal Australian Mint

Tel: 1300 652 020 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Mon – Fri AEST
International Tel: +61 2 6202 6800

No comments: