Sunday, August 7, 2011

Goldfish


Hello! Here's a new piece I was working on today - seem to have got my creative patterny streak back which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Did you all have a great weekend? We've just come back from a short stay in our holiday home on the central coast (aka as Darren's sister's lovely home) The in-laws have just got back from their 6 week holiday to Indonesia & Vietnam so we all got together for a belated birthday dinner for Darren. 

We got some lovely presents - me, a nice red shawl wrap, a wooden carved box with chopsticks, beautifully embroidered make up case and pencil case. Darren being a musician was greeted with a wooden xylophone and a bizarre piece of wood you hold under your nose to make a sound - haven't tried that out yet, I'm slightly worried the contents of my nose would shoot out! ha.

Thank you to everyone who has voted for me so far in the KIT Cosmetics Design Awards! I am currently in 8th place with 155 votes. So please tell everyone you know to vote for me as there are 14 days left of voting! Thank you! x

Edit: I decided to work on the goldfish bowl and created 2 fish. I think I like this one better:

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Chrissy she's beautiful! x

Chrissy Lau said...

Thanks Kelly! I'm getting back into drawing patterns so hopefully they'll be more like this to show! X

Neysa Bové said...

looks great, love the delicacy of the line ;) xxo -nb

Chrissy Lau said...

Thanks Neysa! I hope you're well.
I really enjoyed drawing this one so I'm going to be doing a series of these - so check back soon x

MissTiedeman said...

beautiful work as always, I love the 2 goldfish aswell! Good luck in the Kit design comp xxx

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Wow that is a very magical and mysterious piece. The hair is fabulous and wonderfully detailed. Beautiful art work.