Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where the wild things are


This is a project I was working on back in May, just before I got married. It seems like such a long time ago and I don't think I ever showed you the illustrations. These are two very different interpretations of the same illustration brief. To me they are polar opposites.

The one above is the final version for an English textbook that will be out next year across all Aussie schools. I can't wait to see the final product and imagine that lots of school children will be staring blankly at their textbook wishing they were somewhere else. haha.
In other news I have some illustrations completed for Mambo - I'm very happy to be part of such an iconic Aussie brand. Hopefully in the near future I can show you some drawings and the actual t-shirts. Well it's nearly the weekend, I can't wait to get stuck into some drawing and finish/start some commissions.

Chat soon :-)

2 comments:

Margaret said...

oh my goodness!!! MAMBO :O This makes me so very proud of you :) <3 xx (and you already now that I love these!)

Dawn Tan said...

WOW! That;s such good news! Both the school text book and Mambo! : )