Sunday, May 16, 2010

Taking a Leap

A couple of new drawings for GPV which I hope you will like. I have been drawing lots just not posting- apologies! It's been pretty hectic my way finishing off commissions and tying up loose ends on the wedding front. I made the big decision to resign from my full time job which I wasn't particulary enjoying so as it stands my last day at work will be Monday 24th May followed by a week of pre-wedding fun with my parents who will be flying in from England- providing that volcano doesn't decide to spit any more plumes of ash out.
After the wedding I have decided to head home to my beloved England and project manage the opening of a new coffee shop- I get to design the website, decorate the walls and plates and generally be an all- round creative bod. It's a super exciting project that I just couldn't say no to.
So I think I will enjoy the sights and smells of England for a couple of months then head back to Oz to set up the rest of my life :-)

I'm quite excited to be going home to my old bedroom and having a poke around at all the possessions I have left behind. No doubt I have completely forgotten what I own so it will be like a treasure trove, unless my sister has claimed all my possessions or my parents have thought it was rubbish and chucked it all out. It has been nearly 3 years since I have been back home to England and considering I left with a small back pack with the intention of a short working holiday in Australia it's going to be quite surreal.

7 comments:

Ben Zen said...

Wow Chrissy, i hope you have an amazing wedding and time back home (nice one, quitting your job too!). Too bad we won't get to catch up when I'm in Sydney in 2 weeks, but hope to see you again soon :) All the best, Ben

Megan McKean said...

So many exciting things happening for you!
All the best for the upcoming wedding and such.
Your work is beautiful by the by.
x

Chrissy Lau said...

Hey Ben- Thank you! Yeah it's unfortunate I'm away during that time otherwise it would have been awesome to meet up! I'm sure our paths will cross again...can't wait to see your artwork for the exhibition.

EverDazzling: thank you for your kind words :-) I'll keep you all posted on everything!

THINGSWESAIDTODAY said...

GOODLUCK WITH YOUR WEDDING, CHRISSY. Seems like its a crazy time for you right now, we're all rooting for you and adore your illustrations for GPV.

Our love from HongKong ♥
E, N, and S.

Alysha said...

your drawings are insanely amazing
you really have talent!

definitely following your blog

dressed-to-digress.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great wedding Chrissy - and that you're enjoying your time in England.

... and whenever the coffeeshop you teamed up with needs Deciper The Day aprons or tablelinens, you know who to call... ;)

Best, Serge

Marion St. Joan said...

I think your art are gorgeous..I found you through GPV and wow. I do art too but not as nice as yours,would love to see more.
Gonna link you:)