Friday, November 20, 2009

Frog Prince Revealed & FOR SALE! ONE-OFF ORIGINALS


The Frog Prince Fairytale Unveiled

Hello! It was an awesome grand opening of Once Upon last night- I met my fellow blogger artists Ben Zen & Maddy! That was great- they're both MUCH taller than I am (I'm such a shorty) :-) but even more lovely in real life. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of an artist friendship with them....

So the drawing above is called PRINCESS ASLEEP- she's hugging her frog prince to sleep - thought I would chuck in a pocket watch as they are beautiful pieces. Below is another piece is called OUR FUTURE- drawn in pen and graphite with lines and patterns.
I am going back on Sunday for a revisit and to take some photos! Oh I also met the lovely Dawn Tan and see her cute drawings- I had a little giggle with her because we both have boyfriends called Darren. It - was lovely to chat to Sara McNeil having admired her beautifully soft line ilustrations from (online) afar. Also great to meet Tabitha Emma who designed the Once Upon flyer - beautiful work.

Above is the Frog Prince himself in graphite and pen with some collage work- this one is called STORY TIME.

I also met the lovely Renee Anne (and saw her cute little mermaid collage/illustrations) who along with Angela from Leeloo organised the whole exhibition! It was a grand night- but the fun has only just begun, over the weekend there will be a Leeloo pop up store during the exhibition where you can buy lovely crafty/arty things - get your christmas shopping done!

Above is TEA FOR TWO- graphite, pen and collage. This is full of colour and some gold pen to make it exquisitely rich!

Oh one more thing- If you would like to buy any of these pieces please contact renee@leeloo.com.au with your name and mobile number so that she can process the transaction for you. All the pieces are original, signed, one-off pieces- so you'll be safe in the knowledge that you or whoever gets it as a super xmas pressie will have the one and only one in the world :-) as I won't be selling any prints of these!

They are all framed in beautiful white baroque style frames and will cost a mere $250 Aussie Dollars.

Have a super duper weekend everyone- it's SO hot in Sydney!!

3 comments:

Harlow said...

HOWDY! It looks super awesome. I love the frog prince.

tabitha said...

it was lovely to meet you :) and see your gorgeous work.

Poppy said...

What fantastic pictures, I love the frog prince.